Four-year-old boy found running down street with clothes on fire
A four-year-old boy is critically ill after he was found running down the street with his clothes on fire in Ballymena, Co Antrim.
Neighbours think he may have been playing near a lit candle at his home on the Larne Road yesterday.
The boy is being cared for in hospital.
John McPoland from the Ambulance Service said a passerby who tried to put out the flames with her bare hands was also burned.
"She was attempting to put the flames out. She also required treatment (from paramedics)," he said.
- Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.