Sligo Rovers maintain five point lead

Sligo Rovers maintained their five point lead at the top of the Premier Division table with a comfortable 3-0 win over Bohemians at Dalymount Park.

Ian Baraclough's side had the ideal start when gifted the lead goal after just two minutes. Bohs' defender Roberto Lopes was caught in possession and Raff Cretaro poked the ball home from close range.

Sligo doubled their lead on the half hour with a stunning goal from Aaron Greene who scored on the turn from the edge of the box, the ball going into the net off Dean Delany's post.

Anthony Elding then added their third goal on 70 minutes - his sixth in total for the the season so far - as he headed home Cretaro's cross.

Derry City trounced Sehlbouren 4-0 at the Brandywell to stay second in the table.

Rory Patteerson, their late matchwinner in Cork last week, put the Candystripes ahead on 33 minutes.

Shelbourne midfielder Paul Crowley put through his own goal to double Derry's lead just past the hour mark with late goals from Michael Rafter and a penalty from Mark Griffin completing the rout.

Central defender Derek Foran salvaged a point for Shamrock Rovers as they had to settle for a frustrating 1-1 draw with Cork City at Tallaght Stadium.

Cork led from the 34th minute when former Ireland international midfielder Colin Healy drilled to the net.

City had defender Darren Dennehy shown a straight red card on 65 minutes for a bad challenge on Stephen Rice.

Rovers laid siege to the Cork goal for the remainder of the match and it finally paid off in the fourth minute of stoppage time at the death when Foran prodded home a flick on by Mark Quigley.

John Mulroy earned ten man Bray Wanderers a point with an 80th minute equaliser as they had to play the whole second half with ten men in a thrilling 2-2 draw with UCD at the Carlisle Grounds.

Veteran striker Jason Byrne put Bray ahead after just four minutes. But College were level through striker David McMillan 16 minutes later.

The game's real drama then arrived right on half-time when Bray keeper Darren Quigley was sent off for bringing down Gary Burke. Defender Daire Doyle went in goal but couldn't prevent McMillan from putting UCD in front.

Most Read in Sport