Aer Lingus strike action deferred
Strike action by cabin crew at Aer Lingus, which was due to take place next Monday and Tuesday, has been deferred.
The two 24-hour work stoppages have been averted following over 10 hours of talks at the Labour Court.
Up to 80,000 passengers would have had their travel plans disrupted if the industrial action went ahead.
The Labour Court will issue a recommendation tomorrow - aimed at resolving the cabin crew roster row at the airline - which both sides will take time out to consider.
Michael Landers from IMPACT said that sufficient progress was made today to defer the strikes.
“Yes, our negotiator group has decided that the strike, called for next Monday and Wednesday, will be deferred to allow consideration of a Labour Court recommendation that’s going to be issued tomorrow morning,” he said.
“That decision was based on our assessments that sufficient progress had been made during the course of the engagement with the Labour Courts today.”