€34m sold at distressed property auction

€34m worth of properties were sold at a distressed property auction today - a €5m increase since Allsop's last auction in February of this year.

155 commercial and residential properties were sold at auction today for a total of €34m.

Highlights included a substantial office investment on the North Circular Road in Dublin which had a reserve just under €6m - it sold for more, at €6.25m.

Nine apartments at Athenry shopping centre in Co Galway had a reserve range of €250,000 – €275,000 and sold for €380,000.

A four-bedroom detached house at Magheracorran, Convoy, Co Donegal, had a reserve of €15,000 and sold for €33,000.

Commercial properties accounted for 60% of overall sales with residential making up the remaining 40%.

  • Click to stay connected with more stories like this
  • Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.

Most Read in Ireland