It's not known if the young women are joking but they claim "all the girls just got tested for corona" in the TikTok video which circulated on Monday evening.
The National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) has been made aware of the situation calling it "disappointing".
Local Green Party Councillor Karen Power told BreakingNews.ie that the HSE had been contacted to confirm the official number of confirmed cases in the town "to try and alleviate any fears that people may have".
Ms Power added: "We're very aware that there's also a lot of false information going around on social media and that's created a bit of panic.
"I would be worried that any kind of vilification of people who were involved in the social media video might deter people from going and getting tested if they show symptoms because they don't want to be treated in a similar way."
"I will say the video was extremely poor judgement by the girls involved. It's my understanding that it wasn't intended to be shared publicly but unfortunately things on social media can take on a life of their own.
"We're just trying to establish the concrete facts and figures from the HSE and remind people that the most important thing is to get your information from factual sources and not panic about videos like this that can spread like wildfire," she said.
Ms Power later added that those involved have been quarantining: “I think it’s really important to see that they have been self-isolating since they have got their test results or there was a confirmed case among the group, they have been following the proper rules and procedures and they were alone when they did their little video pieces.”
Two local sports clubs have suspended activities after concerns were raised by locals over the video.
Skerries Harps GAA Club said it became aware of a number of potential close contacts to a confirmed case over the weekend and has taken the decision to wait for test results.
While Skerries Town FC says postponing all club activities is a precautionary measure and that there are no suspected cases in the club.
Skerries Harps said: "On Monday, 31st August, the Club Executive met virtually and took the decision to close all sections of the club pending Covid-19 test results in the town.
"While this is a difficult decision, we believe it is in the interests of our players, our members and the Skerries community as a whole. Separately, Skerries Harps are aware of a social media video that went viral on Sunday night. The club does not condone the content of this video.
"The club have followed all HSE, Government and GAA guidelines in the past few days and will continue to do so in the future."
In response to the video, NPHET member Dr Cillian De Gascun has said that everyone needs to take the virus seriously.
"If we don't implement the public health measures that everybody is very familiar with now, then if the virus get an opportunity, it can spread very quickly.
"Obviously we have seen that with large outbreaks in recent weeks and the large number of outbreaks within the household setting, so [the video] is disappointing behaviour."
A Garda spokesman said: "An Garda Síochána is aware of video circulating on social media highlighting a group of young females referencing Covod-19 infections. An Garda Síochána does not comment on an extract of audio/ video footage, the timeline and context of which cannot be determined.
"The Health Act 1947 (Section 31A-Temporary Restrictions) (COVID-19) (No.3) (Amendment) Regulations 2020 place restrictions on the carrying on or provision of certain businesses or services. An Garda Síochána is not investigating any premises in respect of this incident.
"An Garda Síochána continues to assist Public Health Officials when requested as appropriate."