Only 4% of people undecided over Covid vaccine - Ipsos MRBI survey

ireland
Only 4% Of People Undecided Over Covid Vaccine - Ipsos Mrbi Survey
AstraZeneca vaccine, © PA Wire/PA Images
Share this article

Digital Desk Staff

Just four per cent of people say they are unsure whether they will get vaccinated for Covid-19 — down by 14 points since January, according to the results of the latest tracker survey by Ipsos MRBI for the Irish Pharmaceutical Healthcare Association (IPHA).

The number of people who either intend to get vaccinated for Covid-19, or who have already received a vaccine for the disease, has risen to 89 per cent.

The results show that 34 per cent of people will take a Covid-19 vaccine. But when combined with those who have received a Covid-19 vaccine, or 55 per cent of the sample, that number rises to 89 per cent.

Vaccine uptake

Between January and June, the number of people who said they either would not get vaccinated for Covid-19 or were unsure about taking a vaccine has declined.

Advertisement

In January, seven per cent said they would refuse a Covid-19 vaccine and 18 per cent were unsure. This month, six per cent overall say they will refuse a Covid-19 vaccine and four per cent are unsure.

The results come as people between 35 and 39 can register for Covid-19 vaccination. Last week, the health authorities administered about 320,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccines.

Bernard Mallee, director of communications and advocacy at IPHA, said: “Our health services have responded with pace and efficiency to the enormous challenge of rolling out a mass vaccination programme. They deserve huge credit for that.

“Equally, the global scientific community, and the experts working in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, have been able to discover and make safe and effective vaccines to contain the spread of Covid-19.”

Read More

Want us to email you top stories each lunch time?

Download our Apps
© BreakingNews.ie 2021, developed by Square1 and powered by PublisherPlus.com