GAA action: Round-up of Sunday's club championship action

Referee David O
Referee David O'Connor shows a yellow card to both Kilmacud Crokes’ Rory O’Carroll and Ger McDermott Roe of Castleknock.Credit: ©INPHO/Brian Reilly-Troy

Additional reporting by Rónán Mac Lochlainn and Eoghan Cormican.

Despite the postponement of today's match between Raheny and St Oliver Plunkett’s/Eoghan Ruadh due to a confirmed case of Covid-19 within the Raheny club, the Dublin Senior Football Championship still had a Sunday showing.

Kilmacud Crokes advanced into the last eight after their 1-11 to 0-12 win over Castleknock at Parnell Park .

An early Conor Kinsella goal set Crokes on the road but they were reeled in by the end of the first quarter as Ciaran Kilkenny kicked four points from play.

Castleknock trailed by 1-7 to 0-7 at the break and that margin remained consistent for the remainder of the game as Dan O’Brien took his personal tally to four points to help Kilmacud withstand some late pressure.

Waterford's Austin Gleeson received his marching orders for the second weekend in a row in Mount Sion clash against De La Salle in Walsh Park.

Mount Sion pulled off a surprise victory in the Senior Hurling Championship, beating the 2019 runners-up with a scoreline of 3-18 to 2017 seeing them into the semi-finals.

In Cork, St Finbarr’s showed they will be at the business end of the Senior Championship following a comprehensive victory at Páirc Uí Chaoimh. 

Earlier, Ballincollig got their championship campaign back on track with a 10-point win over Clonakilty in the Cork Premier Senior Football Championship.

Having lost to St Finbarr's their first time out, they needed to get a win to keep alive their prospects of reaching the knockout stages.

Ballincollig were 1-15 to 0-7 clear after 43 minutes and while Clonakilty made brief inroads into that deficit following a second yellow card to former Cork defender Noel Galvin, Ballincollig finished with a flourish to run out comfortable winners.

Clare's Senior Football Championship saw Kilmurry Ibrickane dismantle Éire Óg to join Liscassey and St Breackan's in the semi finals.

A game between Cratloe and Clondegad was postponed due to an outbreak of Covid-19 in the Cratloe club, but is expected to be played at a later date.