KFC ordered to pay millions to poisoned girl27/04/2012 - 12:36:50
KFC has been ordered to pay AUD$8m (€6m) to the family of a Sydney girl left brain damaged after eating one of the fast food giant’s chicken wraps.
Monika Samaan’s family sued KFC, claiming the then-seven-year-old girl contracted salmonella poisoning from a KFC chicken wrap in 2005.
She was in a coma for months and left with brain damage.
New South Wales Supreme Court Justice Stephen Rothman ruled last week that KFC was responsible for the food poisoning. Today, he ordered KFC to pay the damages plus legal costs.
KFC denied responsibility and said it would appeal.
Samaan’s lawyer, George Vlahakis, said the family was relieved the court battle was over, but is upset about KFC’s plans to appeal.
more stories like this:
- once per day, no spam.