Used syringe stuck into finger of boy on DART train

Irish rail say they are investigating an incident in which a used syringe, lodged down the side of a seat on the DART, became stuck in the finger of a seven-year-old boy.

The child's parents notified staff at Iarnróid Éireann as soon as it happened last Saturday and wrote to the company this week.

It is understood the child was taken to hospital for tests but his condition is unknown.

Spokesperson for Irish Rail, Barry Kenny says they are looking into it and liaising with the family.

  • Click to stay connected with more stories like this
  • Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.

Most Read in Ireland