Toxic smoke endangers Ballymount residents in major fire
Gardaí in Dublin are advising homeowners close to the Ballymount Industrial Estate to keep their windows and doors closed due to the toxic nature of burning material as fire fighters continue to battle a large blaze in the area.
Fire fighters at the scene. Pic: Nick Bradshaw
Fire at Ballymount/Merrywell Industrial Estates. Garda cordons in place @ access roads Estates. Diversions in place. pic.twitter.com/3NFE4ZCEnk— An Garda Síochána (@GardaTraffic) January 25, 2014
Members of Dublin fire brigade and senior personnel are attempting to get the fire at the Oxigen Recycling Plant in the Merrywell Industrial Estate under control.
The blaze broke out at around 3am this morning.
It is understood no one was injured during the incident.
Fire fighters battle the blaze in Ballymount. Pic: PA
Gardaí say that due to the toxicity of the burning material and strong winds people should keep windows and doors to their homes and businesses closed.
The area has also being closed off to the public and diversions are in place.
Fire at Ballymount/Merrywell Industrial Estates. Garda cordons in place @ access roads Estates. Diversions in place. pic.twitter.com/YfKhD0G092— An Garda Síochána (@GardaTraffic) January 25, 2014
Fire fighters brave the heat to get the blaze under control. Pic: PA
- Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.