Toland to chair Department of Justice review
The cabinet has appointed six outside experts to conduct a review of the Department of Justice.
The review forms part of the government's response to the findings of the Guerin Report which criticised the department's internal recordkeeping.
The review will be chaired by Kevin Toland, the CEO of the Dublin Airport Authority.
The findings of the review are expected to determine the fate of the secretary general at the Department of Justice Brian Purcell.
Justice minister Frances Fitzgerald has previously said she wants to see the findings of the external review before deciding on Mr Purcell's position.
The membership of the expert group is as follows:
* Mr Kevin Toland, CEO of the Dublin Airport Authority and former CEO of Glanbia, USA; (Chairman)
* Ms Kathleen O’Toole, incoming Chief of Police, Seattle and former Chief Inspector, Garda Inspectorate
* Mr David Byrne, SC., former Attorney General and EU Commissioner
* Ms. Geraldine Tallon, former Secretary General, Department of the Environment, Community and Local Government
* Mr. Greg Sparks, Founding Partner, OSM Farrell Grant Sparks
* Mr. Pat McLoughlin, CEO of the Irish Payment Services Organisation.