Residents advised to close windows after fire in derelict building21/03/2013 - 20:47:14
A fire has broken out at a derelict building in Sligo, where it is feared there may be high levels of asbestos.
Emergency services were called to the scene at around 7pm this evening - after a blaze was reported at Ballast Quay in the town.
No one has been injured.
However gardaí are urging residents in the Cartron area to close all of their windows - as high levels of asbestos may be present in the building.
more stories like this:
- once per day, no spam.