Quinn: Four priorities for reform of higher education
Minister for Education Ruairi Quinn has outlined four priorities in reforming higher education. He said these were:
1. Strengthening our university system;
2. The development and consolidation of the Institute of Technology sector;
3. The formation of regional clusters between universities, stronger institutes of technology and future technological universities;
4. Increased sustainability and capacity in the higher education system.
With regard to the fourth priority to increase the sutainability of the education sector, Minister Quinn said: "It is imperative that all higher education institutions are actively pursuing the realisation of savings as a matter of urgency", as well as confronting "embedded or restrictive work practices".
More to follow...
- Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.