Council denies any decision made on Brooks gigs
UPDATE: DCC has now confirmed the reports.
Reports that only three of the five planned Garth Brooks gigs at Croke Park have been given the go-ahead have been strenuously denied by Dublin City Council.
Media outlets reported this morning that only three of the planned concerts had been given permission following an earlier meeting.
A spokesperson for the council said that no decision had been made, and reports to the contrary were incorrect.
However, PR Aiken Promotions, the concert organisers said : "We are very disappointed that Dublin City Council did not grant a licence for the five Garth Brooks concerts at Croke Park. "
Councillor Ray McAdam was among those who tweeted the news, stating that Dublin's city manager, Owen Keegan, had confirmed the reports directly to him.
City Manager confirms to me that only three #GarthBrooks concerts will be permitted. More info to follow...— Cllr. Ray McAdam (@RayMcAdam) July 3, 2014
Speaking to Newstalk radio, McAdam said the city manager had confirmed the news, but said "I don't know any more than that at the moment, in regard which concerts will be approved."
The GAA has confirmed that just three concerts will go ahead at Croke Park this month. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were given permission.
Dublin City Council said that the decision would be made in the coming week.
The controversy surrounding the concerts came after local residents launched a campaign in protest to the 400,000 tickets sold for five nights.
- Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.