Bus Éireann rubbish bribery allegations
Bus Éireann have dismissed the latest claims of bribery at the transport firm.
A report in today's Irish Mail on Sunday contains allegations from four whistleblowers, who are all private bus operators.
They claim they were asked to give kickbacks to unnamed Bus Éireann officials, in return for contracts.
However, the company said today's allegations are not new and have previously been proven to be untrue.
They said the claims date back to December 2012, when they emerged as part of an unsuccessful High Court challenge to Bus Éireann's right to run schools transport on behalf of the Department of Education.
"The allegations have not been presented in good faith and are designed to damage Bus Éireann’s reputation through a media trial rather than through the due process of the legal system," the company said in a statement.
It said it would be presenting a report to the Minister for Transport within the next two weeks.