Boy admitted to hospital from first known case of 'choking game'
A teenage boy is in hospital in Dublin after the first known case of what's called a choking game.
The practise has spread from the US where its caused 80 deaths.
It is reported the boy in his early teens was rushed to hospital after taking part in this potentially lethal game.
It is usually played by kids aged between 11 and 16 and involves them putting their hands around their own or each others throats.
Doctors are now appealing to teenagers not to try the game.
- Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.