Rylan fears street attacks

Rylan Clark is scared of being attacked in the street.

The reality star recently won 'Celebrity Big Brother', and he has revealed he has been scared to go out alone since receiving death threats following his rise to fame on 'The X Factor' last year.

He told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: "If people are sending me death threats, what's to stop them being physical with me?

"I need to be aware those people are out there and watch out for myself. It's come close to getting serious before."

The 24-year-old TV star admitted he is a divisive figure, believing he was the nation's most hated man during his time on 'The X Factor'.

He said: "Every time someone comes up to me I'm wondering if they want a picture with me or if they're going to bottle me. It's the dark side of fame."

Clark looks set to stay in the public eye in the future though, as he is rumoured to be involved in a new reality show featuring former 'The Only Way Is Essex' star Amy Childs.

She said: "I can't say too much ... Everyone will hear more about [the new show] in the next few months ... Lots of people want to see me and Rylan doing our own show.

"Hopefully when he's less busy we can take over Essex and have a real laugh."

  • Click to stay connected with more stories like this
  • Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.

Most Read in Showbiz