Five things you didn’t know about Tom Selleck
Happy birthday Tom! The man with the trademark moustache is 68 today, so we had a look to see what we could find out about the Magnum P.I. star.
Here's a reminder for everyone of his attraction during the '80s.
1. Tom’s contract with Magnum P.I. cost him the role of Indiana Jones in the film 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'. Can you imagine Indiana Jones with a ‘tache?
2. He is a member of the National Rifle Association in the States, and almost became president of the association after the retirement of Charlton Heston in 2003.
3. Tom was once the honorary team captain for the US Olympic Men's Volleyball team in 1988. He was so good that he was chosen three times on the All-American team, and won the over-35 division in the National Championships twice.
4. He has appeared on the cover of Playgirl four times. Don’t believe us? See for yourself here.
Tom in his heyday.
5. For his roles in TV westerns (for the kids, they are programmes with cowboys and lots of guns in them), Selleck is in the Western Performers Hall of Fame at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum. For those interested, his westerns include 'The Sacketts', 'The Shadow Riders', 'Quigley Down Under', 'Last Stand at Saber River', 'Crossfire Trail' and 'Monte Walsh'. Yeah, we’ve never heard of them either.
- Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.