Kitten swallows TV aerial

A kitten required emergency surgery after swallowing a six-inch TV aerial.

Alphie, a tabby cat, started being sick in the night after consuming the electrical gadget which got stuck in his oesophagus, and his owner Vanessa Waite only realised the feline might have swallowed the device when she noticed it was missing from one of her TV sets.

She said: "One night I heard a loud bang and went upstairs to investigate but I assumed Alphie had fallen off the window sill.

"He seemed okay and was just hiding under the bed.

"However, during the night he was being sick. It wasn’t until later that I realised that one of the aerial antennas was missing from my TV."

  • Click to stay connected with more stories like this
  • Sign up here to receive news by email. Once per day, no spam.